Off Site SEO Tactics
“Off-site SEO” (also called “off-page SEO”) refers to actions taken outside of your own website to impact your rankings within search engine results pages (SERPs).
Optimising for off-site ranking factors involves improving search engine and user perception of a site’s popularity, relevance, trustworthiness, and authority. This is accomplished by other reputable places on the Internet (pages, sites, people, etc.) linking to or promoting your website, and effectively “vouching” for the quality of your offering.
We have put together 9 different tactics to help you keep on top of not only your keywords but your organic digital marketing presence.
- Spend time building relationships and networking with your target market to increase your audience’s engagement
- Acquire guest post opportunities to expand your network further afield within your industry
- Use a combination of mid-to long tail and branded anchor text in your off-site content (https://moz.com/learn/eo/anchor-text)
4. Make sure your Google account is up to date, request customer review on Google + and review platforms.
5. Make sure your NAPs (Name, Address and Phone Numbers) are consistent in all directory listings
6. Stay active on authoritative blogs, forums and social media
7. Give testimonials where it makes sense to, in return for branded links
8. Find trusted sources to engage with to promote each other
9. Invest heavily in visual content creation and distribution
Off-site SEO relies on human behaviour (namely, that people only reference and share content they like). As such, it applies to both organic and local SEO. Even in a brick-and-mortar business, high quality products get a lot of word-of-mouth referrals from current customers — the in-person equivalent of off-site SEO.